Introduction - Welcome to Travel with WT

2016 is a year which I walk into the third decade of my life. As inspiring and exciting as it can be, I want to start jotting down my travel experience and share my passion with all fellow explorers. Whether you are traveling solo or with families, friends, hope this blog provides useful information to your exciting trip planning!

In this introduction, I share some useful tips and lessons I learned from my experience. Planning a trip could be quite interesting and exciting, however, it could be overwhelming too. As information is widely accessible, it is so easy to get lost in the endless world wide web. Before immersing into your research, start with the below simple tips and suggestions and have a good understanding of your baseline before your trip planning.

Tips & Suggestions:
  • Know your budget. Whether you are a millionaire or a middle incomer, you should at least have a general idea of how much you are spending on a trip. For the more budget focus travelers, attached is a simple excel spreadsheet which helps you planning your budget. You can fill it out as detailed as you want. I also use this as a tool to estimate how much local currency to carry before arriving final destination.

  • Do not over-plan your trip. This is a typical mistake made by everyone who has so much excitement and eagerness to explore. Experience taught me a lesson that you won't be enjoying as much if the stress is on checking off every single item on your compact itinerary. Allow ample quality time to enjoy the space and moment around you.
  • Embrace uncertainty. Uncertainty is the spice of traveling, the excitement of encountering the unknown. But, of course, what a bummer that things just went wrong after you worked so hard planning every detail. It could get frustrating, however, don't let that ruin the rest of your trip experience.  





Comments

Popular Posts